Thursday, July 17, 2014

Checkin In -Miranda Lambert Style

*photo from Al.com

Last weekend, I visited my sister in Alabama and we went to the Miranda Lambert concert. This is how she looked in Tuscaloosa on Friday night. It was an outdoor amphitheater with a beautiful sunset and a coolish night. An awesome first 'country concert', but I have to admit her cover of a ZZ top song was what really got me moving. Coldplay was my last concert and before that maybe The Go Go's or Duran Duran. I'm more of an Alt Nation / Old Wave/ Arena Rock girl, but I've really taken to country in the last two years. What good story tellers. Well, I must have liked it because I tried to win tickets for Miranda when she comes to Atlanta in October. I managed to get through two times but I was not the 10th caller. Tomorrow, is yet another day.

Going 'home' always challenges my food planned. I planned and ate what I expected 2 out of the 4 days. There were a few indulgences, but some good choices too. I'm fully back on track. Food wise, the highlight was sharing my lunch with a wild green-eyed black cat at a rest stop. I had plans for walks, but it was dang hot and humid ya'll. I was so tired I fell asleep at Panera over my chicken orzo soup so I HAD to down some coffee at Barnes and Nobles to wake myself up.

Frustrated over: After de-cluttering and cleaning the house we can't find several things. I'm personally frustrated about the missing Tylenol bottle and my Mp3 player.

Listening to: Well, not the Mp3 player. I had come up with some tracks I wanted to download to spice up my workouts (ZZ top, Miranda, Kongos--awesome south African band, Foster the People, Carney). bummer man.

Watching : Penney Dreadful on demand on Showtime. Re-watching it--kinda R + rated.

Reading : a book about the women and history of Cumberland Island and another book called 'The Long Road Home' by Mary Alice Monroe.

Exercising: walks in the morning, bike and heavy weights at the gym tonight. Yoga this weekend.

Afraid of: those big black Southern roaches that keep popping up in the house. eeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dreaming of: my usual dreams of having trouble locking doors and finding money in hand me down clothes. Oh, that's what I dreamed.

I'm dreaming of a beach vacation in the quirky little island town where we were married. Tybee Island, Georgia

Amd, I'm thinking of tomorrows coffee.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent work, PJ! Getting out of our routine and into a different environment suddenly presents a big long list of new challenges. It sounds like you handled it well. I hope you find your mp3 player soon!! I'd be lost without my workout music. It's the music that carries me through--takes me away and makes the work of the workout so much easier! Big black southern roaches...eeeeeeee is right--my goodness, sounds scary. I'm a coffee lover too--so I totally relate to thinking about coffee the day before I enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concert sounds awesome. Happy you had this opportunity. Best wishes for a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mentioned you in today's post :) Thank you for your vulnerability, transparency, and honesty. www.founditatthemarathon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would SO love to see Miranda in concert! She's been in the area several times but concert tickets are so danged expensive nowadays for the most part. Uncle Kracker is going to be at our State Fair next month for one of the "free with admission" shows so I may go see him. I think the last concert I went to that wasn't specifically geared towards toddlers was Kid Rock when I was pregnant with my 8 year old! Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete