Monday, February 17, 2014

What would you choose? and the post Valentine experience and Stuff




Chose this, not that

Shopping at Target and had Starbucks treat--I got a tall coffee Caffe Verona blend, versus the salted caramel hot cocoa I was eyeing . I used my credit card...shudder

dinner tonight--grilled fish with green beans and broccoli and one hush puppy vs batter dipped fish with fries and 2 hushpuppies

watched ice skating and then Buying the Bayou on tv with a bag of 100 calorie popcorn versus seeing a movie and succumbing to movie popcorn

Sunday the calorie count was a little high, today I'm well under the limit and I'm not hungry...balance


The Valentine thing--


Valentine was a work day. We ate my favorite take out meal-Chick fil A salad and southwestern soup. I just spent time with my husband..no big thing... and everything....

There was an earthquake in South Carolina that night that could be felt here in Atlanta. Yes earthquake. Our dog was acting freaky before then and my husband had a weird feeling that something with the earth was happening. This was an hour before the quake..no kidding. Saturday everyone I crossed paths with had Earthquake stories to share. Me, personally? I got nuthin'. oblivious


And yea, I ate some chocolate ..just a little each day ..and a little less each day---Not a whole damn candybar worth


--Saturday I went to Yoga and then did some heavy weight training. I'm still sore.
--Sunday I cleaned the fridge and got on my knees and scrubbed. ...hmmm still sore. That was actually pretty good exercise as my muscles were so sore from weight training that I could feel each muscle group that was in use.
--Today, I went to an hour long zumba class at my church taught by some new intructers trying to get some experience. As far as intensity I would call it Zumba lite. But it still was a good workout, just not the boot camp atmosphere at some of my gym classes. After working a 12 hour day, it was just right.

totally , totally random but on my mind

--For anyone watching Downton Abbey, don't you think the clothes and the colors and makeup are exceptional this year? The dark purples, the dark blues, the light pinks. I wish they would come out with Downton Abbey inspired clothing lines =everywhere, even for us plus size girls.


--We were walking our dog through the neighborhood and one of my neighbors was yelling at her yappy dog named "Bridget. Bridget Jones!"...that struck us as funny. Then we saw the neighbor's cat walking down the street who had hung out at our house like we were his best buddies for about a week and now he totally disses us. animals. people.










6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing great with your calories. I had not been to Target in 2 years until just before Christmas....yep, my credit card had to be changed!!!
    I have not watched Downtown Abbey but I have a long time blog friend who does a review each week and I think you would really enjoy it. I'll send you the link shortly. Just once in my life, I heard/felt an earthquake...about 6/7 years ago when we lived in Canton GA.
    Hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the link to Vee's Downtown Abbey post...she'll do an update on Thurs.
    http://ahavenforvee.blogspot.com/2014/02/downton-abbey-discussion_12.html

    your word verification does not bother me but you will get many more comments if you do away with it. You can click "moderate comments" and prevent spam. Makes it easier for people to leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about the comments..thanks...I found Vee's blog and can't wait to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I just had to comment back about the Downton Abbey clothing/costuming. Yes! I totally agree! Mary looks wonderful in purples and on this week's episode do you remember that dress she wore in the restaurant that had all the glass windows? It was mostly white or light grey but had a sort of geometric gray and black stripe pattern going and a matching hat of course. Even my husband (who LOVES Downton Abbey and you would never ever guess this even if you knew him well) remarked "wow, that hat looks really good on her and her face shape." LOL I was shocked he said that but it was true. She looked absolutely stunning. Sometimes I freeze the show with the pause and just study the dresses, lengths, shoes, accessories - it is just exquisite. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cool! Thanks for sharing that blog, Blackberry Lane. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi PJ, I've always like that solidly sore feeling after an excellent workout. No pain, just a great reminder that I gave it my all. I'm sure you feel the same. :D

    ReplyDelete