Thursday, February 13, 2014

Check one more off the bucket list!

*

If you haven't heard we got some ice and then some snow here in the ATL (already melting). My husband's family is from the Midwest so we have an old-school wooden sled. Last night , the streets in our neighborhood were empty and quiet. Where were all the people? I love roaming around on a quiet night by the glow of lamps and tv sets when the rest of the world is all tucked in . We had an inch of ice, so my husband said it was our only chance to go sledding.

Never been on a sled. I didn't even think that that we would be in a lying-on-our-tummy head-first position. I used a little Yoga to get off and on --downward dog, up dog, plank. Who knew you could combine Yoga and sledding. First, he pulled me around the block and pushed me down a little hill. Then we Tromped over to the biggest hill in our neighborhood which is a bit of an overstatement. It's more like a block long downward slope that ends in a culdesac.

Whew! so much fun. So quiet--just that sled sound.....just a bit romantic...... no injuries-YEAH




photo from wikipedia!


1 comment: