Today is the day of the MEGA MILLIONS lottery drawing--in Georgia our lottery funds the education system.( there are 42 states involved in this lottery , but it is drawn in Atlanta) People all over Atlanta are buying tickets, imagining a possible future, day dreaming about paying off debts and going on vacations. Our local Dj's are taking calls to hear about "What would you do if you won $540 million?"
You tell yourself as you buy the tickets-"well at least I'm supporting the school system". That's what my husband and I heard from at least 2 customers as we stood in the back of the Chevron where the nice and handsome Pakistani guy works that we like to frequent. We were back there trying to figure out how to fill out Mega-Million lottery tickets. Something we don't often do. $8 plunked down for a chance. Why not?
$540 million reasons to try it. $540 million. Shoot, I'd be with happy with any amount.
What would you do?
I have figured it out so far though the order of things is up for debate.
1. Change my phone number.
2. Quit work , giving notice of course.
3. Seek financial and legal council ( I have cpas, insurance agents, and lawyers in my family so I may have them over see some of it )
4. Go to either Green Mountain at Fox run or a similar place for a month of intensive therapy around my relationship with food and my body while organizers and contractors prepare my home for sale and organize my things for me to give away , keep , or toss.
5. Then probably let this house go , maybe in a lottery where people write in a letter about their situation and we pick a deserving winner like in the movie The Spitfire Grill
6. tithe with our church, food bank, pay off family member debts, set up scholarship or donations for other charities.
7. I like my car so I'd keep him.
8. My husband says I'd have to keep working. I say, well it will be work to get all of this stuff straight and then maybe I'll be a part -time librarian, but I'll have to fund my own position . Book geek
8. that is as far as I've gotten......
Well, at least I gave $8 and supported the school system.
I Just Ate Compulsively
18 minutes ago